Saturday, May 19, 2007

part-time parent

Once again, I went to a talk directed to parents of RJC students. Been doing this for years now, ever since my brother was in RI. I even go for parent-teacher meetings. This time round, it was a talk on US and UK universities. Just thought I’d go to see if they had any information that I still did not know. (having gone for multiple talks when I was in JC a few years back, and having studied in an Ivy League university myself). In the end, I was only tortured by an ex-RJC/ex-yale girl who was unable to speak English properly. Even my mother was irritated by her weird intonations at the end of every sentence, thus we left early.

So, I had a failed attempt to have a good talk with my brother after the parents-teachers meeting about a month back. Today, I tried again. It was a nice, long chat. At least, this time, he talked more, and there was more feedback. At least, he’s thinking. We had no conclusions, but I feel so much more comforted that he’s putting in the effort to think about his future. It’s about time. ^_^

Sometimes I wonder why I am so worried for my brother. He’s such a bright boy, surely there wouldn’t be any problem soaring to great heights, right? My sister doesn’t seem to worry that much either. Seems like my mum and I are the only ones who’re anxious about his future. And as yiwen always says, I’m so glad we know each other, being fellow sisters who share the same sentiments. =P

No comments: