Thursday, May 17, 2007

another new beginning

Yeah. My life is full of ‘new beginning’s. Many things I do are significant to me. Even things like haircuts, which people do regularly, can mean a lot to me. And today, I moved on again.

About 2.5 yrs ago, my frustration towards irritating random male species got beyond my control. I guess I didn’t take it too lightly, and I decided to do something about it. Maybe I am being extreme. To some, it may not be a big deal. But to me, I really hate it when random people on the streets keep trying to chat me up or ask silly questions etc. A couple of times are fine, but when it gets too frequent, I get annoyed. To add on, I was so gullible and stupid that I responded with the silliest ways ever. Haiz. In short, I paid the heaviest prices for my frustration. How? Think about it. What’s the best way to stop random people coming up to talk to you? Yes, disfigure yourself. Take away your best asset. And thus, I did. What I considered my best asset (besides my height, which I cannot change). Remove it, such that I would not get harassed anymore.

Well, I must say that I paid dearly for my actions, and I lost a lot due to it. But during this long period of time, I have grown and matured. Although I still cannot pretend that these people speak words as genuine as guys along the streets of NewYork (when I was in the states, somehow, I believe that every word random people on the streets say, would come from the bottom of their heart), at least I have better ways of dealing with them, and not bringing it all upon myself.

All has been good so far. Let’s hope I can do things as carefree-ly as I used to. WITHOUT those unhappy things happening, of course. ^_^

No comments: