Saturday, May 12, 2007

making the most

Haven’t worked so hard in ages. I guess a lot of work in the lab keeps me fit. Coz yesterday, I packed experiments from 9am-5pm.. just so that I could leave early to get ready to meet my friend later in the evening.. I had only 2 * 15 minute breaks in all, thus only managed a salmon sandwich for lunch. I was so dead beat by the end of the day, that I couldn’t even sit up straight. Most of my experiments are done sitting on a chair, so my physical weakness is pretty apparent. It’s just too bad that I forgot that the company had recently gotten 2 massage chairs that I can use!!

I really wanted to give timbre a miss, coz I was sooooo tired. But CF had put in so much effort to get us the best seats in the house. Plus, sapphy was finally joining us for the first time! And most importantly, I had asked a friend along. I met Kern while on exchange in Penn, and I haven’t met him for over a year. (he’s the nice friend who brought me church visiting and thus I found GCC) He was posted to work in Singapore since a couple of months ago, but I had been so busy we hadn’t met up! Thus, I couldn’t miss this chance of catching up again.

I grabbed dinner (Horfun, 3 slices of cheesecake, 2 waterchestnut drinks, seaweed and some other snacks) never had food tasted so good! I laid on the couch at home for an hour, not feeling like moving. Then it was time to go. Timbre yet again!

It’s either the 1-hr rest, or the place. Coz I didn’t feel at all tired by the time I reached timbre! ^_^ And timmy! Didn’t fail to entertain me as usual. Though they did repeat quite a few of songs, they were nice songs nonetheless. Even Kern likes timbre and timmy. Thus he’s going back!! Lalala~ And it sure was nice catching up with him. Yeah, I sure have changed since the last time we met. For the better, he said. (and I believe him XD). Sap had a really memorable night too. By memorable, I really mean UNFORGETTABLE. Due to some shocking news we received from fangers. CF and bong left early.. so sad.. luckily sapphy stayed to keep me company!! ^_^ So the trip wasn’t wasted with just listening to 1 hr of music. Stayed for 2 out of 3 sets, and we got to hear the DRUMMER sing! Whoahaha.. first time I heard him sing! Not bad eh.. he speaks ultra singlish.. abit shy and dunno how to perform (as a singer I mean. He’s a fantastic drummer).. but he’s got a not-bad voice. Now there’s only eric left in the band whom I haven’t heard him sing. Oh did I mention that last night was the first time I saw the bassist without a cap? Argh. Wasted. Had wanted to tease him saying he never cut hair or something so always wear cap to hide his ugly hair. Now no more chance ler. >.<>

Ah.. the night didn’t end there. I had a very interesting cab ride home! I got into a very nice and comfortable cab.. And since the cabby was begging me to talk to him to keep him awake, I yakked nonstop to preserve my life! (too much, in fact. Coz he ended up missing my exit.. lucky he was apologetic and charged less) Throughout our conversations, I learnt a lot about him..

-he’s not the main cabby for this car (coz I asked if it’s a new model for cabs and he didn’t know). He was simply helping a relative, who happened to be overseas. Don’t waste rental mah.

-he’s actually not that young (he looks like a young boy, in his twenties. Youngest cabby I’ve ever seen) after some calculation, he should have passed 30.

-he went backpacking in Taiwan right after he ORD, and he stayed there for 10 yrs without coming back! Backpack for 10 yrs! WOW. (he returned last dec, and tt’s how I calculated his age XD)

-his day job involves working from home only.. international marketing.. is his BIG family business!! And he gets to travel to Oklahoma very frequently for business trips.. so fortunate! Less work, and thus explains why he’s the most free to help his relative take over the cab.

-he lives near me. Coz after he dropped me off, he just went to grab a bite at the coffee shop and went home. Rich people. Feel tired then can call it a day ler.

Sometimes it’s nice that my sister returns home late on Friday nights too. Coz then I don’t have to worry about disturbing her while I bathe and stuff. Can even turn on my

No comments: