Wednesday, May 9, 2007

MardiGras celebration @ Timbre

The long awaited email.. finally came!!!! ^_^ I was pretty sure I’d receive it.. just that.. confidence still cannot beat reality.. when it came in black and white.. waiting for my final interview next week.. hope it all goes well!

***

And so happens that I was going to Timbre again with CF and Bong later that night to attend some special concert. Just nice can celebrate! ^_^ We had booked the tickets 1 week earlier, to attend a Mardi Gras Celebration, where the Dirty Dozen Brass Band from New Orleans, USA plays! Super cool lah! All the way from New Orleans! (pronounced as nor-leans.. as we learnt last nite XD) $58 for a 4 course dinner and 2 drinks. Lalala~ Anyway.. the food is not the main focus (and thus NO photos. Ha~) The band.. is superduperultra FANTASTIC!!

Not only good at playing, they sing really well too!! And the guitarist can play the guitar WITH HIS TEETH!!!! (I couldn’t catch much of it on video coz this irritating waitress kept standing in my view! Grr.. and the place was so crowded people were kicking my chair all the time.. but nvm.. the band made up for it all ^_^) and the guy with the trumpet.. can play TWO trumpets at 1 go!!! They’re like SO COOL LAH!! Whoahaha… I really dunno what else to say about them.. but just… in awe. ^_^ I had a really great time last night. And the lucky Ublues band (that I also managed to catch for the first time last night!) got to play with the Dirty Dozen people! Whoa.. how I wished I was more musically talented and could join in the jamming.. Many other people were invited on stage to play various instruments.. it was a cool exchange kinda thing.


Playing guitar with teeth, and playing 2 trumpets together!

D with the Dirty Dozen band

Here’re some videos I took and uploaded on youtube.. MUST listen! Ultra cool ok!! Haha… (please ignore those people walking past >.<)

The band singing


The band playing


Playing "When the Saints go Marching in"


And since this is once in a lifetime kinda chance, to catch a NewOrleans Band for MardiGRas (last yr I celebrated mardigras in school and at UniversalStudios.. very cool, but no real NewOrleans band), many pple were there to watch the band too! And I guess MardiGras is like not such a popular thing with locals, but there were like 80% Caucasians at the event yest. A different crowd makes the concert so different. The man in the SUIT, dancing.. stole the show. XD (I couldn’t help but keep glancing around to see if my boss, a Caucasian, would be there too. >.<)

Ah.. and early in the day when we first arrived at 6pm for our dinner, bong was like pointing to a guy in black walking in our direction (all staff there wear black). “Eh, your friend”. I stared at that person. No lah. Since when did I have a friend who works at timbre? Then the guy looked up and smiled. AIYAH! Is really my friend lah! *faint* To think that bong recognizes my friend but not me! >.<>

Ublues played after the concert. Like an after-party thingie. I must agree with CF and Bong that they’re really good. But then, they didn’t sing much.. so although their techniques were good, I wasn’t that entertained, unfortunately. Thus, I declare that Timmy continues to reign as my favourite local band thus far! ^_^

What a wonderful night.. can’t wait til Friday.. and next week when weilin finally joins me..

No comments: