Tuesday, January 1, 2008

watch me and remind me!

New Year Resolutions 2007 (not typo.. this is last yr’s)

  1. To dedicate my heart and my soul into completing my honors year project. 2007 will be a better year. I cannot waste tax-payers’ money anymore.
  2. To pick up a few more skills before I graduate. I will make my life as fulfilling as can be. ^_^
  3. Further improve on speaking my mind. Maybe I should learn to care less, think less, and just speak without thinking. Ok.. maybe that’s exaggerating.. but seriously, sometimes I think too much. I should be a little bit more impulsive.
  4. To grow spiritually. I need to equip myself with better knowledge of the Word.
  5. Time to move on. I experience, I fall, I learn, I pick up myself.. now it’s time to let go and move on. The prayer 4 years ago has been answered (and still being answered). Answered to an extent I myself never expected. All that I have gone through thus far has helped me grow as a person, but at the same time, I cannot let it hold me down. In 2007, I shall leave behind all the negative memories since 2003 and move on only with the lessons learnt.

Did I do it?

  1. I can say I really put my heart and soul, my flesh and blood into my final year project. ^_^
  2. Skills..err.. I failed in beatboxing. I didn’t learn malay nor Korean, but I did pick up a few lines of French (took an entire course, but skipped most lessons. Haha) But I am in the midst of picking up an interesting skill.. marble sculpturing! ^_^
  3. I do speak my mind. The school admin can vouch for that. But being impulsive in all situations.. not there yet.
  4. There’s always room for spiritual growth. I personally think there wasn’t much growth this year. No new courses that I attended. NUS BS didn’t work out too well. CG was focused more on fellowship and bonding.
  5. Moving on I managed to. In a way. But things can be better. Being sentimental is not my choice.

New Year Resolutions 2008

  1. To grow spiritually
  2. To serve well in the new ministries I am committing myself to. (CG and Sunday School)
  3. To maintain the enthusiasm in the lab, and not to slack. Hope to clinch an opportunity to go for a conference overseas, based on my own works.
  4. To improve my health.. coz it’s been going down. I don’t want to die yet! >.< (Thank God for a fellow friend who wants to be more sporty this year too! =P)
  5. To spend quality time with friends and family, and not let anything happen due to my negligence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

since when u r impulsive? Not even a bit. I think number 3 fail. You need a shifu for that? Wanna "bai" me? Muahaha. And I did so many things with you and in the summary post there's only "took exams with Pacey". So sianz....
I want to have 2nd anniversary too but from the look of it will be you me and cat again. Might as well just 3 of us meet. Haha