Friday, January 11, 2008

day 3

Been so busy these few days. Enjoying the last days of my so called holiday (where I still have work), before my lessons start again. Yeah. Lessons.

It feels weird at home these days too. One missing person. We lack the male species at home now. I don’t know why, but I miss him. I didn’t miss him even when he went overseas for competition! Oh well. My baby bro is a grown up, boy-to-be-man now. It’s like THE event of the month for my family. It started off with mother reminiscing about how my brother used to do this and that when young. Then, it was the packing of the bags that everyone was involved in. On Tuesday, mother cooked a huge meal as a sort of farewell for my brother. Coz he prolly wun get much good food while in there. Wednesday, we all took half day off (thanks fangers for being so accommodating) and sent him to Tekong. I was comforted to see that the living conditions are pretty much chalet-like. The tour-guides kept saying “your son..” this and that. I have no son. But then again, come to think of it, I’ve been his “parent” for the past 6-7 years, attending parent-teacher meetings and other such stuff ever since he was in secondary school. So I am sort of a ‘parent’ too, eh? Haha. It’s really no big deal that someone’s enlisting. Every Singaporean guy has to do it. But.. I dunno. I can’t help thinking and hoping that he’s coping with the training. It’s totally different from 5 years ago when my JC mates went to army! Well, 14 more days til he comes out. I can’t wait to see him without his hair! Hahaha~

No comments: