Monday, January 7, 2008

He’s the rightful boss

Had a short chat with N and L, the 2 profs involved in academic affairs in the company. It was an opportunity for the students in the company to bring up any issues regarding the policies and stuff, so that they may act as our advocates to A*STAR. Very nice of them to be so genuinely concerned about our welfare and whether we get the best opportunities to do what we want. When the meeting was about to end, the director dropped by to say hi. Due to his terribly busy schedule, he was in the room for probably less than 10 minutes. Yet, in that short span of time, he managed to give us all a lesson on life’s philosophy. It was not any content-less jibberish, not even close. 一针见血 is the best way to describe it. Listening to him was even more inspiring than listening to my boss. No wonder he’s my boss’s boss. He managed to hit right smack on what we were facing. Or I was facing, at least. It was so accurate, it was almost freaky. I couldn’t help when tears welled up in my eyes. I could see that he had a shock, for he was only a metre away from me, but he said nothing. I’m only more convinced that I have made the right choice to join this company, under the management of such wise and kind people. ^_^

…be patient.. it’s never going to be easy… It’s a pentathlon we’re running, not a marathon.. have to be flexible and keep changing strategies..


…aim not for what you want to be, but who you want to be, for you may never become what you want to be, but you can always be who you want to be.. that’s how you will be happy ^_^

No comments: