Saturday, December 22, 2007

Gathering of the mighty mountain climbers!!

After 6 months, we finally meet again, this time in clean little city called Singapore. No need for diamox, no loss of appetite, no inability to run and jump. All of the Tibet warriors (except sam) turned up, and we FINALLY exchanged photos! Haha.. yeah, we have been that busy. It’s so fun checking out photos that we never saw ever since we took them.. suddenly everything rushes back.. those memories.. and I realize I had more fun than I remembered. When I was in US for 146 days, I took a total of 11GB of photos. When we went to Tibet for 12 days, we took a total of 7GB. Holly molly!! But I guess the place is really pretty. Cannot help it. Plus a thousand shots of everest in the morning, everest in the afternoon, everest at sunset, everest at night, everest behind the clouds. And we had a million tries at jump shots even though we were advised not to be involved in vigorous activities 5200m above sea level. But hey, we did survive it, didn’t we? I just read an article from NewScientist yesterday, about why Tibetans can take in oxygen so much more efficiently. Coz they have 10 times more nitric oxide than us! But then again, these Tibetans who were studied were from 4000+m.. we went to 5200! So maybe we had much much more nitric oxide in our blood then? Heez.. who cares.. we can take a blood test the next time we head to Tibet again. And bong is the most well-equipped for it. Diamox still lying at home! Whoahaha

Anyway, I had a good time of catching up yesterday. During teatime with fangers n bong.. hadn’t had a good chat with them since.. err.. can’t remember. Especially bong. The last time we had a long chat was probably in Tibet? Been too busy.. can’t even remember when was the last time I went for lunch at the market with them all. Then in the evening was the Tibet pple. Talked til I lost my voice towards the end of the night, and I thought I was falling sick! (family and bong are all sick and without a proper voice..) came home to rest, and luckily when I woke up my voice was back! I really cannot afford to fall sick.. no time! Still got work the next few days.. and of course there’s all that catching up that’s still in store for me this festive season.. Bah.. prolly another Christmas where I never make anything for my friends. I don’t like buying things.. don’t see a point in that.. but no time to stop and get some inspiration.. so I only made partial gifts (bought partially) for 3 people.. one of whom I have no idea who it is.. it’s for gift exchange tmr. =P

No comments: