Tuesday, December 4, 2007

conquerors

On Sunday, someone mentioned how things were happening in Tibet. So very coincidentally, I was sitting beside Sam who went Tibet with me. Suddenly, he made a comment “…for all you know, the next time we go back there and meet DJ, he’s a Christian already!” It may have been a random comment, and we may not know God’s plans, but it’s a really nice thought, a nice hope that it MAY really become true one day. ^_^

Yeah, many of us always say we want to go back there again. But I wonder how many of us really mean it, and how many who mean it will really turn it into action. Even I am not sure about it myself. I really loved the place, but I don’t have the habit of wanting to visit a place a second time. Not because I didn’t like the place, but coz I know the 2nd visit would be different. Maybe memories are better, coz they’ll always remain perfect. Furthermore, I have so many more places to explore, I don’t want to waste time and money visiting a place again.

But, if I ever end up returning to Tibet, I really hope to climb higher up Everest. It’s gonna be expensive, but it’d be memorable. Of course, that also means a longer trip coz more adaptation to high altitudes would be required. If possible, of course, I hope to meet the same friend again. Together with the same troupe, of course. ^_^ (I wonder how he’s doing? It’s off season now.. so he should be trying to sell his drawings instead of climbing everest? Hopefully surviving on less cigarettes and less red bull too.. XD)

No comments: