Tuesday, December 4, 2007

do you know me?

Was just chatting about what I’m doing now, when he mentioned a friend that seemed to know me. It was weird, coz i keep thinking he’s way older, when he’s actually the age of all my uni peers. Haha. Back to my point, he said there’s someone called SL in life sciences in my year.. who thinks he knows who I am? I don’t believe lor. And I don’t like the idea of someone who knows me but I don’t know that person. If you know me (and I don’t), come up front and say hi! I was so careful to keep a low profile in school, especially in Science. I had most of my meals outside of science, and if I had to eat there, I packed to eat away from the crowd. I wear ugly t-shirts and jeans to class so I definitely don’t stand out (oh no or did I stand out coz I was too ugly?). And I don’t speak up in class nor volunteer to do presentations unless forced to. So it’s not possible to have many people to know me from my course. Only those who have surnames near me have a chance of seeing me and knowing me. Haha. Don’t ask me why I kept myself so low.. I just felt like it. Maybe it was the countless times I got harassed that drew me further and further away from people. Eventually, I even left school completely coz I couldn’t take it anymore. (and weird thing is, I’m not even a recognized head turner! It troubles me when I don’t know what I am known for. Oh that reminds me of the time I left, and I met someone from NUS in Philadelphia, who knew who ‘weijia’ was coz of the lecturers! Argh.) Ok, so maybe if someone knows me from school, it must have been in the first 2 years. Before things got unbearable. I think I was a phantom student in 4th year. Hehe. And even now.. i try so hard to not let pple noe me. And it’s not easy in grad school coz classes are seminar style and we are expected to chat a lot! Ok fine.. maybe this thing is getting a wee bit unhealthy.. I shall seriously consider living a normal life instead of avoiding people ler. People (especially guys) may not have changed for the better in the past few years, but I guess I look different so it may be safe for me to live a normal life after all. Or at least, where I work, I think the people are pretty geeky and thus safe to be friendly to. Maybe I can start being friendly like I was in the states again! Smile at everyone around, old young male female worker beggar.. SMILE! ^_^

No comments: