Sunday, December 16, 2007

catching up weekend

I can’t even remember when was the last time I actually went out with my friends. Probably the temasek gals’ bdae outing almost 3 months back! Yesterday I finally succumbed to tong kor’s persuasion and agreed to meet him for dinner. He wanted me to stay on after dinner for ktv with his Marist friends, but I was kinda tired. Very unexpectedly, all of them decided to change the outing venue from Orchard to Jurong, so that the tired me wouldn’t have to travel much to meet them! (in fact, I only had to walk there!) And mind you, these are people that I have never met before. I really appreciated it. So of course, I decided to stay for ktv with them. At first I was a little skeptical about what kind of friends tong would bring, and how it’d be like singing with them. (furthermore, tong had initially told me there’d be 3 gals 3 guys.. dunno why end up there were only 3 guys and me! >.<) Well, all worries were unfounded. Those friends were truly ‘guai’ and ‘un-beng’ as tong described them to be. (sorry kor, for doubting you. Haha) They were very nice too.. I didn’t feel like singing so I just randomly chose songs that I liked, and they were very accommodating to sing them! Haha.. not all my friends do tt lor.. some will, while some wun noe the songs, or some just refuse to sing songs that were not chosen by them. And yeah, those people seem to noe how to sing every song lah.. haha.. and it was really enjoyable listening to them scream their lungs out! Somehow I feel that going ktv with people who can sing too well is not fun at all, coz they sing like the CDs.. but this bunch of people can have lots of fun while still holding their pitch most of the time. So it was really pleasant hanging out with them. Only thing is tt ktv is kinda loud.. so there’s a limit to the length and depth of conversations one can hold.. (and I’m so sorry to say I only remember one person’s name.. I’m so terrible with names.. but I remember one who looked a lot like a rugged form of Tim! Haha..) All in all I had a good time.. sang til we were tired.. really tired.. 5 hrs leh.. so robin sent me home.. whoa so paiseh that I din even noe my way from jec back home.. coz I usually walk, not drive mah! >.<>

Such an amazing thing that I happen to have no work this weekend. And JJ managed to gather some other temasek hall peeps for lunch today. (ooh.. it’s a temasek weekend!) It’s been a year since I last met most of them, so there was a good bit of catching up to do. One year, but most have not changed much. It really didn’t seem like a year has flown past. Zoom Zoom when we’re all so busy! It’s really nice meeting up with them, though we’re not in the same grayish rooms anymore. Somehow, I keep forgetting that 2 of them were in TH for only 1 year. It seemed like they were with us all the way! =P Hopefully the subsequent gatherings would be half-yearly like JJ promised! And no more jap food for Johnny.. XD (and yes, maybe the next outing we can have 2 more people to share some exciting news! Hehe)

No comments: