Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Sit up straight

A couple of days back, I arrived at school not in the best of moods after receiving some bad news. As I sat at the bus stop waiting for the NUS shuttle bus, my mind was a blank. From the side of my eye, I saw a guy wearing a bright yellow t-shirt (and thus attracting a lot of attention) walk towards me and squeezed in between me and the gal sitting beside me. He looked a lot like a friend of mine, but a lot younger. I just continued staring at my feet. But I couldn’t help noticing that he suddenly sat up really straight. Like, you know, trying to look taller. LOL. Such a small little action, and nobody else’s business. But it reminded me of someone who did that before too. Hahaha. Happy memories. And I was instantly cheered up. By an intention-less action, coming from a random stranger. Things happen in weird ways, don’t they? ^_^

No comments: