Thursday, August 23, 2007

As usual, I exit from my supervisor’s office all excited. It was a discussion about my advisory committee, and the people we’ve decided to recruit, are top internationally recognized people! And I always think back, on how I ended up in this lab.. which dates back to 4 years ago, before I even entered university! That’s how God’s plan is. Detailed to the very last bit, and we may not know what each event means until many years later. ^_^

***

How quickly certain events can dampen my spirits. A discussion of Catholicism vs Christianity. So coincidental, to follow what Lin and I were discussing yesterday about different denominations. I don’t deny that outer beauty has been getting more and more important to people nowadays, but organizing beauty pageants within a church, is simply overdoing it! And to dismiss people dressing scantily to church as ‘westernization’ of the church, is simply unacceptable! What is this westernization, where the most ‘scantily’ clad people I see in American churches (at least to those I’ve been to) are people wearing T-shirts? So where is this ‘western’ group of people that dress scantily to church, that churches in Singapore have to follow suit?

***

Is this, spiritual warfare? I can’t wait to start that bible study topic with my cg, half a year later. As I thought about these issues, I thought of the Armor of God, which I discovered later on, SO VERY COINCIDENTALLY, was my quiet time material for today!!

The Armor of God

10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Ephesians 6:10-18

1 comment:

Bing said...

yay armour of God haha... i have really good bible study materials if u all wan haha... learnt alot from it. :)