Saturday, September 15, 2007

News-worthy friends

I got a huge shock when I saw the advert in Straits Times today. It said that this guy, Lo Min Ming, was featured in Zaobao today. This guy is someone I knew from sec school, and even went overseas together for competition 6 years ago. A couple of years ago, we met again and he told me he’d just completed his poly education, and had been offered a scholarship to Stanford U after he finishes his NS. I didn’t know that this would make the news 2 years later, after he’d served his NS! Haha.. how would I have known that my friend’s life would be so news-worthy?! Told JQ about it.. she blamed me for not telling her earlier, if not she could have been the one who took up the job of interviewing him! Haha.. maybe now I should open my eyes wider to notice who around me has lives that are news-worthy..

No comments: