Monday, September 3, 2007

Do things in Parallel

My HYP supervisor came over to have a chat with me today. She first asked me about my phD program, what I have to do.. then it led on to this:

A: You must do a lot of things in parallel during your phD.

Me: Yeah, I need to go to school, I have a project to complete at the lab, I have to teach..

A: Yes. But this is not the most important. There’s still one more thing

Me: ??

A: You need to find the right guy.

Me: !!??!

A: Really. You have to grab hold of your youth. Don’t miss the chance!

Me: Ok…

A: Look at XXX and YYY. They’re such wonderful ladies. They’re smart, diligent, beautiful, polite, kind…

Me: Yeah, definitely

A: And they’re interesting women. Right?

Me: Yeah!

A: Look at them. They’re doing so well in their careers. But.. they’re so lonely.

Me: oh…

A: They’re not bad people. They’re very good catches. Just that they missed the important period. Do you get what I mean?

Me: Yeah..

A: Men like young women. You have to grab your chance. So you have to do things in parallel! You have to find the right partner before you graduate!

Me: Oh.. ok..

Of course, the conversation didn’t go exactly like this. This is my own interpretation of the Russian-accented-conversation we had. Hehe. But it was really funny. How instead of my parents, my supervisor is the one who came to me and talked to me about finding life partners first. Haha. Of course, I took the opportunity to ask her how she met her husband. Oooh… how sweet. ^_^

No comments: