Sunday, March 23, 2008

pray for safety

Riots have been going on for some time now, in that land high up. Honestly speaking, I wouldn’t have bothered more if this happened a year ago. However, I cannot ignore such news anymore, for I know that someone is there. And I would be lying if I said I didn’t worry for that friend. Our friend. I can’t help but wonder if he was there in that city? Or was he back home in the village? Or painting something in his own peaceful corner? At least, I know that I am not the only one worrying. All of us are concerned. No matter how short we had known him, he’s a friend nonetheless. And today’s church bulletin reminded us to pray for the people there, for the matter to be resolved in the best manner possible, and because this may be a very good opportunity to reach out to them. Indeed, I always think back and blame myself, asking why I never thought of planting a seed in him. A friend, I call him? And I never uttered a single word about the gospel to him. He said so much about his faith, but I said nothing about mine. They’re so deeply embedded with their culture and religion, that it’s impossible to change, I declared to myself. And I wonder why I always back off and admit defeat even before I try? Building a barrier for myself. God can work wonders, why don’t I always remember that? Too late to regret. I just want to keep him, and the rest of the population in my prayers, and I hope all of your would do that too. For safety and peace to come upon them soon. For the matter to be resolved with wisdom. And maybe someone would bring the message over to them. I pray for open hearts. I pray that they may be saved.

No comments: