Thursday, March 6, 2008

i cost more than a house!

When i met up with a friend last weekend, he told me he didn't buy any insurance, not even aCheap Car Insurance, as his company already has him covered. Not surprising, as many companies now buy insurances for their staff. How nice of them. Too bad for me, as I'm still a student, and noone wants to pay to insure me. Seems like i am not valuable enough for anyone but myself. haha. But then again, on second thought, is the insurance that companies buy, sufficient? What does it cover? visits to the doctor? minor accidents? major accidents? serious illnesses? death? And when it gets to this, people ask.. is it really necessary to think about all these? Die means die, what's the money for? Throw in for nothing, for we can take away nothing after we die. Insurance agents would say at this point of time, that the money is for family members, especially those who're dependent. But for me, i don't support a family. I'm not so concerned (if at all) about finances if anything happens to take away my life. What i am truly concerned about, is the event which something terrible happens to my limbs/fingers/toes/eyesight/spine. Becoming handicapped in any manner is way worse than death, as i would then have to figure out how to carry on the rest of my life. I'm not too sure if this sounds weird, coz i am more afraid of accidents than death. haha. And since today is World Glaucoma Day, news everywhere is trying to educate us about how Chinese females are more susceptible to blindness (the result of untreated glaucoma). scary!! I don't want to go blind. You may say, oh, blindness is only if left untreated. so treat it lah! BUt.. the problem is, glaucoma can be symptomless. No pain, no detectable problems, until it is too late. Until blindness arrives within 2-3weeks. 2-3 weeks! That's so short a time to lose your sight! Almost instant! What will happen then? How to support yourself? How to even take care of yourself? the thought itself scares me. Actually, even with alot of money, life would still be difficult. But at least, it's one worry less?

No comments: