Saturday, June 16, 2007

Glory Church Camp 2007 – Glueing in Fellowship

My first time to church camp, and it ROCKED!! ^_^ Been to numerous youth camps since.. –ahem- years ago.. but never made it to church camp (with adults and kids and all) until this year! This time round, it was held at the Tanjong Puteri Golf Resort. Ah.. lots lots lots to say.. but I have only 24 hours left to unpack/do laundry/read letters and emails/settle lots of employment admin/study for GRE/pack/sleep/buy necessities.. before I fly off again tmr night. >.<

Thus… only gonna jot down all the main things tt happened:

  1. PURPOSE OF JOINING CAMP: Before the camp, I managed to grab hold of the camp group listings, and discovered tt from the 14 group members (Kalipok is my group!), I only knew 1 other person! (Nic aka Adam =P) Geez. But that was one of the main purposes of me joining the camp. To get to know more people other than the youths. Amongst the 5 youths in my group, 3 of them were new faces to me. The remaining were 4 adult couples, some who have children who are already youths. So it was really fun getting to know them.. ^_^ Purpose of camp met~

  1. SERVING: Yeah. Haven’t really been fully committed to any particular ministry in church since I left for US last jan. Recently I went back to help in the thai ministry for a month, and then also helped out in the games for a youth outing. It was really fun. And during the camp, ah-roy and stan were in charge of the games, and thus I got recruited to help them. My station was to make all campers run around and eat gross stuff like that in fear factor! HA! It was lots of fun man. But of course, fun aside, it felt really good to be of help to them. Most of all, it was the satisfaction at the end of the day, when everyone gave such wonderful feedback about the games, and to see all the campers bond together as a result of it. Reminded me of why I like organizing activities in sec sch, JC, uni.. Really thankful for the opportunity to help out in church again. Thanks to ah-roy n stan for roping me in ^_^

  1. FELLOWSHIP: Besides getting to know new people, this camp also allowed me to spend more time with people I already know, but have been spending little time with. Yar. Dunno why, but since I came back from US, I haven’t been hanging out much with many church people except for my CG. Thus, this camp gave me opportunity to spend more time with other people too. ^_^ can’t believe I haven’t met some of them for months, even though we attend the same church! >.<

Yeah. That’s the main gist of all that happened. Of course, there’s the fun, the food, the skits, the jokes etc. Those will have to wait til I return from my holidays. And after I grab hold of those photos. ^_^ Ciao~

No comments: