Saturday, June 9, 2007

Back to Timbre after a grand hiatus

Finally, Lin managed to make it! ^_^ This is the first time I chose that central table.. I specified while making the reservation. Indeed, it is the BEST seat in the house! Not in terms of happening-ness (coz the usual bar counter seats are still most happening), but rather best seats in terms of view of the stage. Centre, yet not too in front to get a neck ache. ^_^ Better view of the band, in exchange for the band brushing past all the time. Haha.

While waiting for Lin to arrive, I suddenly discovered 6 people dressed in white, seated on stage. It was 9pm. A Mexican band, called Ensamble Continuo. Apparently, it was the 2nd event for arts festival, and they had a band which had just flown 26 hrs over from mexico! I didn’t get all this information until I got home tonite, thus I got a shock when they went up on stage! I thought timmy was playing! But well. It was nice. Not as fantastic as the New Orleans band I heard for mardi gras, but impressive nonetheless. They blended Hispanic baroque guitar music and contemporary jaran music from Veracruz, bringing together the past and the present through a celebration in song, music and dance. (ah. all these are taken from the email from timbre. I am not so pro. XD)
A short clip I took of Ensamble Continuo in action.



The lady dancing along ^_^ SO cool tt the band includes a dancer!



At 10pm, they left the stage. I was quite happy actually. Coz Lin n I were at timbre for timmy. Yet, none of the timmy members were in sight. 15 minutes later, a guy with spiky hair and carrying a guitar walked towards the stage. “Oh yikes. New band playing today!” I thought to myself. Have been away from timbre so long that timmy isn’t playing anymore? I was so tempted to ask D about it. Then as I panicked, I saw. Hey. No. That guy with spiky hair was C, who’d gotten a haircut! No more cap! Whoahaha.. It was Timmy alright!! They’re back!! (or rather, I am back to see them XD) Never have I been so elated at seeing timmy set up their instruments ok. Lin and I had waited so long for this day. I’ve been telling her abt this band since day1, but we hadn’t had a chance to come til now!

A central view of timmy.


Compare that to the side view we used to have.



Of course, Timmy didn’t fail to play good songs. Pleasing to the ear. Especially after so long of not hearing them. ^_^ And it was nice to see new stuff each time. Ngak seemed abit hyper initially, and actually dragged a bdae gal up on stage. Then later he matchmaked tt gal with another guy. -__-. When I saw that, I told Lin to hold on to our dedication slip. I didn’t want to risk ending up on stage!! >.<



(and I realized, that was my first video of timmy! ^_^ good to have such a nice seat.. just a wee bit TOO central, tt the drummer was mostly blocked by ngak. But.. I still like it ^_^)

And I realized another thing. Though I go to timbre so often, I am NEVER the most high person around. This time round, Lin was the one who was high. (so glad she didn’t take any alcohol!) Whenever the band started playing, especially with eric on the electric guitar, she’d be ultra excited abt how skilled they are. Must be due to her being someone who plays electric guitar too. Well, in her excitement, I learnt a couple of technical terms for various fanciful stuff played on the electric guitar. =P (yeah. And I used to think it’s so difficult to play something that sounds delayed, coz have to plan the playing half a beat before it is supposed to appear in the song. Then Lin corrected me.. it’s on purpose! And can be adjusted.. how much delay etc.. haha. Ok. Me-naïve >.<)

‘Twas really nice spending a night chilling out. And catching up. Ooh. And Lin introduced 2 new friends to me. A senior Liren from hcjc, and his friend Edgar, who’s a pastor/missionary! Ultra cool guys.. AND AND AND! My sis finally made it to Timbre to listen to Timmy too!! ^_^ thanks to her, this trip to timbre was one of the cheapest. (the cab fares usually add up to almost double the price of my drink! I hate midnight charges.)

Now.. Lin’s my new timbre buddy! Lalala~ At least, someone who doesn’t go there just to see PEOPLE. We go there for the MUSIC. I would never pay $$ just to see people. What a waste of $$ to do that.

Gal.. see you back there after Everest!! ^_^

No comments: