Saturday, July 21, 2007

Singapore is

Singapore is…

· Being at sea level and having no need to take diamox to prevent altitude sickness.

· Having an ultra good flushing system where you can actually hear the water flush when u press the ‘flush’ button. (and can throw toilet paper INTO the toilet bowl)

· Cleanliness. Nowhere can beat Singapore in cleanliness.

· Ultra flat ground with bukit timah HILL being the highest point, with a severe shortage of mountains and valleys.

· A country that speaks not just Chinese, but also English!!

· My own bed, with clean sheets and nice quilt. And my bolsters!! Haven’t hugged anything to sleep for the past month. >.<

· Having a big, proper, and CLEAN towel to wipe myself after I bathe. (instead of the face towel I bring along when I travel, or the hotel towels that I don’t know what people have used it for)

· Keeping track of time to eat and time to go out. The time factor is back. Watch, clock, handphones..

· Checking of emails, msn-ing, blogging, facebook.. can never leave my laptop off for too long.

· No more of sitting around in an SUV and staring out of the window and admiring only the blue sky, mountains, cliffs, grass, sheep.. for up to 8 hours a day. I miss lazing around and using my brain for nothing but sustaining life.

· Not being able to sit around and doing nothing. Somehow, I get bored easily here if there’s nothing to occupy my time. Staring into space is different from staring at nature.

· Being able to place orders at Mcdonalds without spending half and hour reading the menu

· Mp3 no longer suffering from altitude sickness, and thus is working again~

· Camera being hidden in my drawer for up to 6 days a week.

· Back to reality. Back to school, back to work. Back to seeing people I know.

· Having a bath more than 2 times in 2 weeks.

· Being able to attend church

· Feeling that the lifts are too dirty to take, benches along the park are too contaminated with bacteria and spit to sit on; but random rocks and grass are clean enough to lie on (as long as it didn’t rain the night before).

· Not hearing the unhygienic spitting right beside me every 5 seconds

· No more of porridge for breakfast, and the egg and cucumbers/cabbage/tauguay..

· No longer discovering that the insides of my nose gets all clogged up with black stuff within half a day, resulting in a blocked nose from dirt instead of mucus! >.<

· No more nose bleeding from the cold, dry air. After almost 1 mth, the inner linings of my nostril is finally fully recovered. No more sensitive nose! Hurray~

· Channel 8 serials every mon-fri, 7-10pm. All other time on Taiwanese drama, HBO movies, Old Chinese movies, Korean drama… =P

There’s a lot that I miss about being overseas. However, there are things in Singapore that I cannot give up. And the most important things that cannot be reproduced overseas are family ties and cleanliness. ^_^

No comments: