Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thank you God

Would have lost my boi if it were anyone else who was less understanding. Given the nature of my work (and my dedication to it), not only do i start work early+end work late+work on weekends, sometimes things also crop up and plans to go out have to be changed or canceled totally. Not everyone can take such unpredictabilities.

He's already made changes in his life, waking up much earlier to send me to work daily coz i like working early in the morning when noone is at the lab yet.

On thursday, it was the ultimatum. Being the start of a long weekend, many pple had less work to do and planned a nice evening with their partners/friends. But we couldn't leave early, coz I needed someone's help in my experiment. Because he had something on, he could only return to help me about 6pm. Due to unforeseen circumstances, he arrived at 730pm and we started our work in the basement (with very poor hp reception), while my boi waited upstairs in the office for me. it was a tough surgery process, and work on 8mice took us 2.5hours. by then, it was already 10pm. then, i realized that only then was he able to start his own work on 30mice. as a way to thank his help in my work, i offered to stay a little later to help his anesthesize his 30mice so that he could start his work earlier and thus finish earlier. By the time i was done, it was 1130pm. All these while, my dear did not rush me nor disturb me, but waited patiently for me. Haiz.. i felt so bad though, coz not only did we miss an evening together, but the delay caused him to have his dinner only at midnight. I am so very grateful for someone who is so understanding, that i can do my work without worrying about other things. I told myself that no matter what happens (and no matter how much my stomach growls), i will have to do the same, and give my full support to him :)

No comments: