Sunday, September 20, 2009

God's Gift

I've always been told that getting a phD is no easy feat. and everyone says that first yr is a time to have fun, 2nd yr a breeze, 3rd yr a rush to get results and the final yr an exhausting one. It was indeed a very easy first 2 years that i had, and everything went rather smoothly, with just a few slow moving months. I knew that life would get tougher, but i really didn't expect the jump to be so tremendous. Expectations grew all of a sudden, and the stress escalated unthinkably. Many times i felt so helpless, so useless, so tempted to give up. But the Lord knew my limits, and placed so many people around me to encourage me and to pray for me. The most amazing gift of all was someone who really could understand every thing that i was going through. comfort and encouragement came my way everyday. good advices were frequent. and a shoulder always there for me to cry on when everything just seems so bleak. It's only been a couple of months into my 3rd year of phD, but i can feel the tremendous amount of pressure that hits my limits so very often. i know i wouldn't have been able to face all these alone, and i am thankful to God for knowing and thus placing someone by my side to watch me and support me all day and all week. Thank you Lord :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so preoccupied with placing ppl beside u to encourage u and pray for u so much so that he doesnt have time for the starving, homeless ppl in Africa who prayed to him for help.

unknown said...

Tough...Anon, I don't think that you have the right to say this comment unless you know what God thinks.