Monday, July 27, 2009

I wonder how she's doing now?

I was just reminded of the last thing she told me just before she left. Her story.

In her broken english, we had this conversation..

A: You know doing a phD must do many things in parallel?
me: yeah. many things. I need to go for class, teach, do research...
A: yeah yeah. Many many things in parallel
me: uh huh..
A: many many things. very important.
me: ...??
A: alot of things in parallel. need to find husband
me: ahh... so how did you meet yours?

Then she told me.. How she needed the help of a bioinformatician during her phD years. How she met him. "He helped me graduate, so I decided to marry him" she said. Though brief, i could sense her blissfulness, so many years on. They were such a blissful old couple, bringing lunch and dinner to the pantry, eating together. Now they're working at opposite ends of the world. I wonder how she's doing now?

In parallel..

No comments: